CACAO CRUDO is a new way to produce and taste chocolate. It is a search for pleasure and production methods that, in comparison to traditional processing, best preserve the precious qualities of cocoa and other ingredients used.
- To process the nibs we use a millstone, while in other processes we start directly from the mass or, on other occasions, the separated powder and butter are mixed together again to reform the cocoa mass.
- We add various ingredients to the cocoa mass to create the chocolate we want.
- The following phase includes the tempering and moulding of the chocolate.
- The chocolate is then cooled slowly and removed from the moulds.
- Packaging: we seal the chocolate in a bag that retains freshness, aromas and nutrients and is made of an aluminum layer completely coated with non-toxic food plastic. It takes advantage of the good isolating properties of aluminum (temperature, light, air, humidity) at the same time avoiding direct contact with chocolate and so any possible release of and contamination by toxic metals. The packaging is completed by an external wrapping made of 100% recycled straw paper and the writings are printed with a totally biodegradable vegetable ink.